When Wuhan, the city in China that was first struck with COVID-19 pandemic, had to be put under a lockdown, the Chinese Government announced a major change in strategy - all infected patients were also to be treated with Chinse traditional medicine.
The TCM doctors worked on creating protocols and herbal formulas to fight the disease in various phases of development, and this is how they did it:
- Base herbal formula: Yu Ping Feng San
- Acupuncture: moxa on ST-36, CV-6, CV-12
soreness of muscles and limbs
- Base formula: Ge Gen Tang or Chai Ge Jie Ji Tang
- If there is also sore and dry throat, dry cough - Base formula: Yin Qiao San
- Acupuncture: Moxa on LI-4, LV-3, ST-36 and CV-8
according to TCM principles
- Base formula: Sha Shen Ma Dong Tang
- Acupuncture: Moxa on GV-14, BL-17, BL-13, ST-13, LU-6
Inclusion of TCM in China in the treatment against COVID-19 has produced very good results and was documented in the hospital records.
American herbalists and acupuncturists can make a great difference in Prevention, Early and Recovery phase.
The herbal formulas and individual herbs indicated for each phase are available in the US, although, perhaps as a testament of their efficacy, it's become harder and harder to find them since COVID-19 pandemic started.
Great Road Acupuncture and Herbs has limited amount in stock. Find out more here.
Source: How Covid-19 is Treated in China with TCM - John Chen elouts.org